Monday, February 16, 2015

Create an Inspiration Board!

Your artistic environment plays a role in your creative process. A studio that has an ongoing means for stimulating thought is much more conducive for producing creative momentum. One way to make an impact on your creative output is to restructure the environment in which you work.

Create an inspiration board or wall to post uplifting quotes, photos and artwork from contemporary and historic artists that influence your work. Every time that you look at your inspiration board, you will see something that uplifts your spirit and your creativity.

In my studio, I am constantly posting new things up to look at. Everywhere I go, I find something inspirational and include it on my inspiration board as well as the wall of the studio. Featured here is an inspiration board I made out of layered, carved and debossed foam. For a step-by-step demonstration on how to make this project, check out my book Experimental Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment