Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Five Day Art Challenge: Day Five!

It's day five of my five day art challenge! Today's topic is about the use of collage and assemblage in mixed-media works.

My mixed-media painting entitled Meditative Pathways (top) is featured as a detail. For a step-by-step demonstration on how to use inlaid boxes in your art, check out my book Experimental Painting (North Light Books). The assemblage-infused work is also in my book Art Revolution and my video Assemblage Accents: Exploring Faux Finishes & Patinas (F+W Media). This recorded webinar covers creatively customizing found objects, assemblage accents and sculptural creations with unique finishes and patinas. To enliven the mixed-media landscape, a diverse array of techniques and materials from repurposed and custom treated natural and man-made elements are explored. With the addition of faux finishes and decorative techniques, the everyday object can be transformed into a one-of-a-kind accent, communicating a concept or illuminating a subject in a unique way!

My collage-based work entitled Self Awareness (bottom left) is featured in my books Art Revolution  and Experimental Painting (North Light Books) and is on my video Collage Techniques for the Mixed Media Artist (F+W Media). This recorded webinar covers an array of exciting collage techniques from gluing, sealing, tearing, scoring, punching, die-cutting and custom inlays to wrinkling, creasing, burning, peeling-back, stitching, weaving, embossing and debossing handmade, custom treated and machine-made papers, foils and ephemera.

The work is also featured in Spectrum 15: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art. The Pears ( bottom right) is featured in my book Experimental Painting (North Light Books). Since it is day five, I'll officially completed my five day challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment