Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Inside the Studio!

In preparation for a large series of paintings, I like to go on a cleaning spree, going through my entire studio. I purged the things that I no longer use, need or want to do. It is quite liberating! I found things that I had forgotten about and was able to restructure and reorganize so that I have a better system in place.


I am in the midst of redesigning the studio, again! But, this time it will be a slow work-in-process. I just painted my art table drawers and sponged them. I could not get the dark stains out when I was cleaning, so I went with it...now they are black with gold patina!

In addition to the studio cleanup and makeover, I have also begun to contemplate a new direction for my work, developing ideas about where I would like to go in the years to come. It is very important every year to think  about your work as a whole and the direction it is moving.  I have lots of new products being launched and other ideas in the works so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment